Saturday, January 7, 2012

He Saved Me

Today we have a guest post by my friend and fellow author Stephania Vereen. It is one of her poems that you can find in her book Letters To Words


He saved me
He saved me from myself
Loved me so much he forced me to see what there is to love
Believed in me
Put me on a pedestal
Took everything I had to dish out
And even dared me to give him more
To show that he won’t hurt me
To show that he’s not the enemy
He poured so much of himself into my healing
Into my growth
That he may have lost more of himself than was already gone
Why won’t he let me save him?
Why won’t he let me show him what I see?
Why won’t he believe me when I stress his greatness?
In my own selfish greed
I’ve spent enough time taking from him
And not giving back
Enough time not loving him
The way he deserves
And now
My eyes are open wide
I see him in all his glory
And I want to give him more than I’ve taken
I want to motivate him
Encourage him
Save him…from himself
Love him so much
That he can’t help but to see what he’s made of
He’s my heart
My king
My partner
My jigsaw
Baby, let me save you too .


by Stephania Vereen
Author of Letters to Words: Ebook Paperback
http://www.stephaniavereen.com

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment